Monday 15 December 2014

Manicure Monday: Sole Mate

Once again my Essie obsession has got the better of me this week - not that I'm remotely bothered - with the deep plum of Sole Mate.



This. Is. Beautiful. When I bought Sole Mate a few weeks ago in an effort to include more winter appropriate shades in my collection I somehow managed to buy 2 other colours that were pretty much identical, and given how I fell immediately head over heels for Bordeaux I've not had the chance to take the others for a spin. Despite wanting to wear Bordeaux again this week I took the plunge with Sole Mate and I'm really pleased I did.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.boots.com)

It looks so much more purple in the bottle than it does on, which suits me as I'm really, really not a fan of obviously purple shades. Sole Mate is so dark that in certain lights it's almost black, with beautifully rich plum undertone that's utterly perfect for winter. It's quite gothic - so would be a good colour for Halloween - but it definitely wouldn't look out of place wrapped around a mug of mulled wine at a Christmas market. As with all Essie shades I own it only required 2 coats for an even finish, and is so glossy I haven't had to apply a top coat.


For some reason my nails are extremely flimsy at the moment and keep breaking left, right and centre (such a nightmare as I genuinely haven't broken a nail in years!) so instead of my usual Soigné base coat this week I opted for a Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener. Hopefully a couple of weeks of this should strengthen my nails and get them back to their usual tip top condition! I've used it before so know it does the job but it's going to require some patience on my part for now!

Also, Boots still have an offer on Essie polish (buy any 2 selected Essie products and receive a Winter Mini Kit free) so if you're in need of stocking filler inspiration then a spot of online shopping might be a good place to start. I'm incredibly tempted to take advantage of this offer even though I definitely don't need any more nail varnish at the moment!

What do you think of Sole Mate? Do you have any tips for strengthening nails? Do let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig