Monday 1 December 2014

Manicure Monday: Bordeaux

Confession time: I'm a repeat offender and I don't care who knows it.

I'm fully aware that I wore and reviewed Essie's Bordeaux really recently, but I've fallen so in love with the shade that I couldn't bring myself to wear anything else to kick off December.



I spent ages debating what colour to go for, but I kept coming back to Bordeaux, so figured: why not? It's not a colour I'll be wearing much - at all - in the spring and summer so I might as well wear it to my heart's content over the winter. The deep mulled wine colour is ridiculously festive too, and given the fact that I've fully embraced the Christmas spirit over the last few hours (I've already decorated the tree, opened my advent calendars and watched Elf…) Bordeaux seemed like the most appropriate shade.


(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.boots.com)

I painted my nails yesterday afternoon in an effort to be more organised than normal, and due to fading light I ended up calling it a day after just two coats with the intention of finishing my nails off today. One thing's led to another and I've been too distracted by fairy lights and baubles to apply a third coat, but they actually look okay. It's not too patchy, and all that's really missing is the glossy, neat finish that the extra coat of colour or a slick of top coat would achieve. The colour isn't as deep as I'd like it to be, but I know from experience that another coat will rectify that problem.

It doesn't matter that the finish isn't to the standard I normally aim for: I still utterly love Bordeaux!


Boots also have an offer on Essie polish at the moment: if you buy two polishes they're giving away a free gift of an Essie Winter Mani Kit. I'm having to physically restrain myself from filling my basket with more Essie products! Maybe that offer might be something to mention to Santa…?

I'm going to try and squeeze in adding another coat (and attempt not smudge it) this afternoon in amongst further Christmas decorating and listening to fellow Essie fan and all-round brilliant person, Caroline Kay's live cover of Cheryl Vernandez-Versini's Only Human on repeat. Caroline is so insanely talented and hard-working, and having now heard the full version of the song I'm once again blown away by Caroline's skill and dedication to her craft. I'm saving Christmas music for car journeys, so the videos on Caroline's YouTube channel are my music of choice at home at the moment. Make sure you check them out, and you'll no doubt end up doing what I do and spend hours listening to her songs on a loop! If I could sing I'd definitely like to sound like Caroline…


What do you think of Bordeaux? Do you love deep reds for winter as much as I do, or is there a go to colour you prefer? Also, how amazing is Caroline Kay?! Do let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig