Tuesday 18 November 2014

Transformation Tuesday: Week 21

Well, there's another milestone off the list this week…



This week I lost 3lbs…

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.townandcountryeventrentals.com)

...Which takes my grand total to 4st and half a pound. Honestly, I'm a little bit giddy and not even ashamed to admit I did a mini happy-dance on the scales last night.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.twentysomethingsproblems.tumblr.com)

It seems like such a silly thing to be so excited about - after all it is just a number on the scales, and I think it's incredibly important not to let myself be defined by it - but hitting 4st just feels kind of significant. I've never lost any more than this before and the longest I've stuck to a weight loss programme in the past is 17 weeks. As of yesterday, I'm well and truly in unchartered territory.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com)

This revelation has made me both delighted beyond measure and absolutely terrified.

I want to succeed more than ever, but now I have no idea how I'm going to react in this situation, and given how I can count on one hand the number of times I've found the confidence to actually leave my comfort zone, thinking about every aspect of continuing is enough to put me in a mild state of panic. It's a good panic, and definitely not enough to make me give up, but it's still a panic nonetheless!

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.tumblr.com)

One thing that's definitely kept me going as I pass each milestone is a treat. I'm still putting £1 in my jar for every pound I lose, and I'm saving it all up to put towards something special once I reach management and want to start maintaining my weight. At each stone though I've rewarded myself with a little something. For the first stone I went to see a preview of Shakespeare in Love at the Noël Coward; for the second stone I bought a Louboutin nail varnish; and for the third I finally had an excuse to buy a Jo Malone fragrance. This time though, I'm tying it in with the festive season. Christmas isn't Christmas without an advent calendar, and I'm not prepared to go without one just because I can't have chocolate this year. I did a lot of research and eventually settled on the - admittedly rather pricey - Liberty Beauty Advent Calendar. It's a massive treat, but given how pleased I am at finally reaching 4 stone and how I really wanted a different sort of calendar this year to keep me motivated I decided to throw caution to the wind and just go for it. It's so beautiful I know this is a decision I'm not going to regret!


Although it's kind of a big week, I don't really have as much to say as I did last week, sorry! I don't want to jinx it but things are going well, and long may they continue!

WEEK 20 LOSS: 3lbs
TOTAL LOSS: 56.5lbs // 4st 0.5lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig