Sunday 31 August 2014

Lakeland Haul

I hate shopping.

There's nothing more stressful for me than shopping for shoes or clothes; I detest fighting through crowds of people just to reach the tills; and I can never justify to myself spending money that I could save for a rainy day instead. However, for some reason I don't have a problem with a very specific type of shopping.

It takes very little persuasion for me to drop everything and go shopping for kitchen equipment. Baking is my ultimate stress reliever and at times definitely feels like a form of therapy. Over the last few years I've accumulated a ridiculous amount of baking tools, and when it comes to replacing anything or adding to my collection there's only one place I'll entertain going: Lakeland.

You name it, Lakeland has it. After each visit to the hallowed store I come away with all the things I needed, things I didn't know existed, a wish list longer than my arm and buckets of inspiration.


After flicking through the latest catalogue and mentally circling virtually every other item, I decided a trip was definitely in order. I'm hoping to do a lot more baking over the coming months - particularly because of Technical Thursdays and finally having a decent sized kitchen again - so I wanted to make sure I had everything I could possibly need.


This post's a bit different from anything I've done before, but I thought because I managed to almost fill a trolley and spend a small fortune in Lakeland this week, it might be a good idea to do Lakeland haul!



When it comes to replacing baking trays, the My Kitchen range at Lakeland really can't be beaten. They're super sturdy and excellent quality, such that I think they're going to last forever.

If you're looking to replace any of your bakeware, Lakeland currently have an offer where you can mix and match from this range and buy one get one half price. Obviously I took full advantage of this!


My Kitchen Cook & Bake Baking Sheet - cat. ref. 10996
My Kitchen Cook & Bake Deep Bun Tin - cat. ref. 10949
My Kitchen Cook & Bake Loose-Based Square Cake Tin, 18cm - cat. ref. 11573
My Kitchen Cook & Bake Swiss Roll Tin - cat. ref. 12289

A part of me still wants to be a palaeontologist and I don't think I'll ever grow out of my love for dinosaurs, so these were too good to resist! As much as I utterly detest silicone bakeware these were in the trolley faster than I could say "stegosaurus"...


3D Dinosaur Cookie Cutters - cat. ref. 19351

This is not a drill: Mary Berry has her own range at Lakeland, and it's currently buy one get one half price. Winning on so many levels!


Mary Berry with Lakeland 26cm Cake Stand - cat. ref. 18618
Mary Berry with Lakeland Cake Lifter - cat. ref. 18615

I didn't technically need these, but like a magpie I get distracted by shiny things… After last week's controversial episode of The Great British Bake Off, I'm tempted to put this hemisphere mould to good use and attempt a Baked Alaska. It's getting colder and I'm not baking in a tent so hopefully I won't be faced with the same disastrous temperature problems as the other bakers...


Large Savarin Ring - cat. ref. 16020
Medium Hemisphere Cake Pan - cat. ref. 16780

These are the little bits and pieces I snuck in the trolley while my mum wasn't looking. I rave about this Parchment Lined Foil to everyone I know as nothing I've ever used comes close to matching it. It's been hailed a "double-sided cooking revolution" and rightly so! As long as you master the art of origami, it neatly lines baking tins and trays better than normal baking paper, and is infinitely better than greaseproof paper. It's exclusive to Lakeland and worth every penny: I can't recommend it enough!

I've been eyeing up this dough cutter since I made Paul Hollywood's Ciabatta and had to faff and use a knife to slice the dough. This should make life - and bread baking - a lot easier in the future!


Parchment Lined Foil - cat. ref. 14696
Small Swirly Cupcake Stand - cat. ref. 17752
Dough Scraper - cat. ref. 17909
Blackbird Pie Funnel - cat. ref. 7647
Writer Icing Nozzle - cat. ref. 11880
Silicone Pastry Brush - I can't find this one online, but there's a traditional alternative here, cat. ref. 11139

I love my KitchenAid. When I move out I'm looking forward to collecting all the matching gadgets and ultimately developing a Pinterest-esque kitchen in the process. For now though, I'm content to collect the smaller accessories. The one thing that annoys me about the beater attachment that comes with the Mixer is that it always misses a lot of the ingredients around the edges of the bowl, and you have to stop beating regularly to attack the sides with a spatula. That's where this Flex Edge Beater comes in. I got so excited when I saw this I might have made a bit of a scene, but it's a total revelation and I can't wait to try it out!


KitchenAid Flex Edge Beater - cat. ref. 16842

So that's everything I bought last week! I was remarkably restrained but still went a little mad! I can't wait to start using everything now - I'll be having a good look through all my cook books soon and seeing what takes my fancy.

If you can't already tell I love Lakeland! There are so many products to chose from - are there any particular ones you'd recommend or think a keen baker simply can't live without? Let me know in the comments below or drop me a tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig