Monday 14 July 2014

Manicure Monday: Fiji

It's safe to say, I have a bit of an Essie obsession.


This post is a bit late as I've been putting off doing my nails for as long as possible to minimise the possibility of chipping or smudging them before graduation on Wednesday. I decided ages ago that I didn't want to wear a bold colour, so when one of my friends bought me Essie's Fiji for my birthday I knew it would be the perfect shade.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.boots.com)

It's celebrated for use in a French manicure, and even though that's a style I absolutely detest, I thought this pale pink would be ideal for graduation. Subtle, but still there, and guaranteed to match whichever dress I bought for the occasion.


As ever, I prepped my nails with Essie's Grow Stronger base coat, topped them with Essie's Good To Go top coat, and tried to sort my incredibly dry cuticles with The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector.


It's a lot bolder than I anticipated - more Urban Jungle than Nails Inc's Elizabeth Street (the shade I already had and was comparing it to). However, I love, love, love it! This summer I'm adoring white shades with subtle undertones, and Fiji looks almost white in certain lighting but in reality is the palest, iciest pink. It's super girly and really classy - I'm so glad I picked it for this week!

Let me know what you think of this shade in the comments below, or drop me a tweet, and if there are any pale pink polishes I should try then make sure to mention them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig