Monday 7 July 2014

Manicure Monday: Cocktail Bling

For my birthday a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a selection of Essie nail polishes, and I have to say I'm completely hooked!


Following a complete overhaul of my nail varnish box I threw out an old, separated Nails Inc. grey and have been on the look out for a new one in a similar shade ever since. When I unwrapped Cocktail Bling, I almost instantly knew I was on to a winner. 

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.bubblelush.com)

The picture above makes it look like a dark lilac, but it's not at all. Cocktail Bling is a simple, sophisticated grey that's perfect for when you want a neutral yet bold colour. It's very understated - so is ideal for at work - but also makes a statement as the colour is quite deep. If I wasn't on LighterLife I'd take great pleasure in filling Instagram with pictures of my nails wrapped around a cosmopolitan. 

As with Mint Candy Apple, the first coat was a little streaky but the second perfectly evened it off. I'm starting to become accustomed to the brush size now and so found it much easier this week to achieve a neat finish. I also can't recommend the Essie top and base coat enough. I'm normally a menace for smudging nails within half an hour of having them painted, but this top coat seals them incredibly quickly and for the first time in forever I've been painting my nails myself without ruining them before I've had chance to admire them.


I really, really like this colour! It's a welcome change from the bold green hues of Mint Candy Apple last week (that by Saturday I was really beginning to resent) and it feels like back to normality for me! It's always good to try out new shades and mix things up every now and then, but I did miss wearing a more subtle colour. I'll definitely be wearing this again in the future!

Let me know what you think of this shade and if there's a certain grey that I simply must try in the comments below, or drop me a tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig