Thursday 16 April 2015

#100DaysofHobbies : DAYS 1-10

I love a good 100 day challenge, so when I came across The Great Discontent's 100 Day Project on Instagram signing up and getting involved was a total no-brainer for me.

The idea is to pick something - anything - and stick to it for 100 days. People are doing all sorts, from a doodle a day, to water colouring, photography, calligraphy, an act of kindness, conquering a yoga pose... The idea is to focus on the process, and not the final product: it doesn't have to be a perfect, completed act each day, instead it's about committing and getting into the habit of doing a little something regularly.

I wracked my brain for ages trying to decide what to do, and eventually settled on #100DaysofHobbies. I have a habit of disappearing into my head and hiding from the world when everything gets a bit much but I've found hobbies - baking, cross-stitch, reading, colouring, film etc. - help keep me grounded, happy and strong. Making them a more permanent addition to my daily routine definitely couldn't be a bad thing!



The challenge technically started on Monday 6th April, so 10 days in seemed like the perfect time to start blogging about the process too! I'm not going to be updating daily - I'm pretty sure that'd be complete overkill - but instead doing an update every 10 days. Hopefully at the end of the challenge I can look back and see proof that my multiple hobbies are just as helpful for my well-being as I think they are. These hobbies have helped me to find myself again over the last few months, and I like to think that they've proved instrumental in making me genuinely happy once more.

So, here goes nothing: 100 days of hobbies...

Monday 6th April 2015
1/100 - cross-stitch


Tuesday 7th April 2015
2/100 - cinema


Wednesday 8th April 2015
3/100 - reading


Thursday 9th April 2015
4/100 - reading


Friday 10th April 2015
5/100 - film


Saturday 11th April 2015
6/100 - cross-stitch


Sunday 12th April 2015
7/100 - film


Monday 13th April 2015
8/100 - television


Tuesday 14th April 2015
9/100 - cinema


Wednesday 15th April 2015
10/100 - reading



Although the challenge started 10 days ago you can still sign up here (or just get going on your own....) and start whenever you'd like if it sounds like something you'd fancy doing. I'm very much looking forward to another 90 days of 'making', that's for sure!

Do let me know if you've signed up and your chosen hashtags/challenges in the comments below: I'd love to follow your progress too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig