Tuesday 3 February 2015

Transformation Tuesday: Week 32

Well this week went okay.

(I'm trying to be coy: I'm utterly giddy with the result.)



I LOST 9lbs. Nine. Pounds. !!!

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.townandcountryeventrentals.co.uk)

To quote Neville Longbottom: that went well.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.buzzfeed.com)

As it stands, I've sorted out the gain from my break; kickstarted my weight loss and well and truly said goodbye to being classified as obese. YES.

Ignoring the loss, it's still been a really, really good week. Yesterday morning was genuinely the first time I've looked in the mirror and noticed a major difference. I had to do a double take at my waist (there's a chunk missing) and my collarbone (it's now prominent). I've found my ribs, hipbones, ankles and jaw. That's not to say I've suddenly started looking like a skeleton (far from it) but that there's no longer a layer of insulation covering absolutely everything. To be honest, as great as that is, I'm now freezing all the time.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com/mazinquotes)

Sorting out my wardrobe has been on my to-do list since before Christmas, but I think I've been putting it off because I've been too scared. I bought a couple of things in the sales before Christmas and they were either too small or only just fit (with the intention of losing weight to get into them), but I don't think I wanted to try them again in case they still didn't look right. How demoralising would that be? Well I tried everything on yesterday that was hanging in my closet, and everything I bought now either fits or is too big. Skirts that barely zipped up on the smallest part of my waist now hang off my hips and I can finally wear a dress that wouldn't even remotely button up a couple of months ago. I've also finally thrown out clothes I've barely worn but are so huge even a strategically placed belt makes it look like I'm wearing a tent. The gingham dress from this post - sadly worn only a handful of times - is now languishing in a pile of clothes for the charity shop. As a result I now own around 10 individual items of clothing and have a virtually empty wardrobe. That's less than ideal, but I'm not complaining!

I'm back on the fitness wagon too. I've still been doing the apps I downloaded at the start of December, but throughout January I dropped the ball with them. I sort of stuck it out all month but didn't do each day as instructed. By the 31st I was only on Day 20 of 2 of them but had completed the third. I've now reset the two levels I didn't complete and moved onto the next one of push-ups. Hopefully I can stick to them for the full 30 days (even though there's only 28 in February which really annoys me!). If I could do it in December, I can definitely do it again now.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com/elleuk)

This week I've been so determined to stay on track that I've been scared to venture out and test my limits in any way. I've been vaguely anti-social, rarely leaving the house unless I had to and instead focussing on staying away from food and any such temptations and making sure my head was in the right place. Working through my to-do list at home has been a godsend. I've planned every day meticulously and aside from an unplanned day out on Thursday it's helped enormously to have such structure in this week of all weeks. I thought that if I cracked now my resolve would be shaken for the foreseeable future. As it is, I'm now back on track and in the swing of the packs, and I think I can handle being around food and shaking up my routine again without screwing up my weight loss plans.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.airasia.com)

I mentioned in last week's post that I'd taken up cross-stitch, and after a trip to Hobbycraft I crazily indulged my inner history nerd/little old lady and impulse bought a huge design of Henry VIII and his 6 wives. It's the size of 4 A3 sheets of paper, and I am beyond determined to finish it. Every time I've felt hungry or like lapsing this week, I've settled down with this ridiculous cross-stitch and kept myself occupied: by the time I've finished cross-stitching a stripe of colour for half an hour the hunger has gone. I'm distracted and busy; both of my hands are full; and I'm doing something vaguely productive. Win/win all round, as sad as this hobby might be!


Henry VIII is helping me lose weight: how did that happen?!


WEEK 31 LOSS: 9lbs
TOTAL LOSS: 70lbs // 5st

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig