Monday 27 October 2014

Manicure Monday: Cinéma

There's something about having gleaming red nails that makes me feel really, really bad ass and a little bit invincible.




This week I've been surrounding myself with my favourite things in the hope that I'll start feeling like myself again, and so when it came to choosing my nail varnish there was only one colour I'd consider. I've blogged about Cinéma before so apologies for the repetitive post, but I absolutely love this shade.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.harrods.com)

This striking, bold pillar box red from Chanel is the ultimate classic colour for when you want to buck the latest trend and pick a shade that never goes out of fashion. A neat and glossy red manicure unapologetically hints at confidence and power, so whenever I'm feeling down and think that all I'm capable of is hiding from the world and bingeing Netflix alone on the sofa, then a slick of red immediately makes my mood soar and I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to. Throughout history red has been on the nails of the most powerful, influential and successful women, from Egyptian Queens to early Hollywood movie stars, and so when in need of nail inspiration you can't go wrong looking to the likes of Nefertiti and Rita Hayworth.


As with all Chanel polishes, Cinéma only required two coats for an even finish, and was incredibly glossy before even adding a top coat. The wonderful thing about the formula is in the event of a slight smudge or imperfection, while the polish is still tacky it can be corrected by gentle tapping and easing it back into place - such a god send for me as I'm always the first to ruin my nails as I paint them! It's such a stunning colour that it's well worth the rather pricey £18, and I'd say it's definitely an investment bottle!

It's classic; it's bold; it's my favourite name for a nail varnish EVER; and I'm having to stop myself doing a Beyoncé walk around the house now my nails are adorned with Chanel. All in all, I don't think I could recommend a polish more!

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.elle.com)

Is there a shade or brand that makes you feel ridiculously confident or cheers you up immediately after you've put it on? Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.sns nails

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig