Monday 8 September 2014

Manicure Monday: Lilacism

I know I've been harping on about autumn - it is, after all my favourite season - but when it came down to it I couldn't resist one last week with a pastel shade adorning my fingers, particularly as the weather this week seems very reminiscent of summer.




I've used this shade before earlier in the summer and absolutely adore it. Essie's Lilacism is a beautiful, soft lilac that looks both elegant and delicate. Although it's definitely not an autumnal shade, it's perfect for September as it's the ideal colour to show off a tan. If you're heading back to the office after a few weeks in the sun this shade will guarantee all eyes are on your tan and make sure you maintain that summer feeling for as long as possible.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.boots.com)

This week I didn't paint my nails myself but rather booked in for a manicure at Trevi Beauty. I'll have to do a post about this beauty salon soon - located at Blakemere Village in Cheshire - as I've been going for years and can't recommend it enough. The staff are ridiculously friendly, the treatments are wonderful and it's amazing value for money. I booked in mainly because I wanted to try out a different shape for my nails and I knew that if I attempted to file them myself it'd be a total disaster! I've been reading lots of beauty blogs recently and I became really tempted to try a squarer shape.

Now having tried square (ish) nails I don't think they really suit me, but I'm glad I've given them a go!


So what do you think of Lilacism? Is there a nail polish shade you like to wear in September that reminds you of summer? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour, Essie is great! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Layla!
      Essie is amazing; my obsession's getting a little out of hand now!
      E xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig