Monday 29 September 2014

Manicure Monday: The ELLE Grey

I never normally trust nail polishes that come free with a magazine.


I can't remember exactly when I added this to my collection, but as I've had it for what seems like forever I'm going to guess at a few years. ELLE is my favourite monthly fashion magazine. While I was catching up on the October issue this morning I was simultaneously mulling over what nail polish shade to pick for this week, and upon seeing my collection I instantly knew which one to go for. This tiny light grey Mavala is always tucked away in a corner and easily hides behind larger bottles, so I often forget I have it. Once it's on though, I wish I'd remember to wear it more frequently.


This came free with an issue of ELLE ages ago, so unfortunately I can't provide a link to it. However, Mavala has a similar shade in Moon Grey, and to be honest it's also not unlike Essie's Cocktail Bling (reviewed by me here) or Galathée by NARS. When on it looks a few shades darker than it does in the bottle (and in my picture), but it's still a beautiful soft, subtle grey. Given the age of my bottle it took 3 coats to achieve an even finish as the polish is now a bit gloopy and takes forever to neaten up, but it's worth it for the overall effect. To be honest it doesn't even need a top coat (but I added a coat of my Revlon for completion).


The ELLE Grey is the only Mavala shade I own, but given how impressed I am with the quality of the polish and the usual price (a steal at £4.75) I'm tempted to try more shades. It's definitely false economising with the price as the bottle is half the size of most other polishes, but as I've never finished a bottle of nail varnish before - or even managed to get half way - I'm not too bothered and even prefer the smaller size.

What do you think of The ELLE Grey? Are you a fan of Mavala? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig