Tuesday 21 February 2017

Transformation Tuesday: Week 139

I said it would take another viewing of The Lego Batman Movie to sort my head out and I was right. Thanks, Batman!


Safe to say, I'm feeling a lot better than this time last week. My appointment on Thursday came at just the right time, and while my surgeon was in a much better mood he merely confirmed - this time thankfully in more detail - that there's nothing he can do at the moment and I just have to live with an open wound. Apparently it's just going to take time to heal and the only course of action is to cover it with breathable dressings and relieve the pressure on it (i.e. going braless) as much as possible. As frustrating as this is, I'm a lot more content with the situation as I think he's now much more aware of how upset it's making me and as such is keeping more of an eye on me. I'm good at putting on a brave face for the 15 minutes I'm in the hospital and not truly letting on how much everything's getting me down, but this time I think the message came across loud and clear.

I had a long chat with one of the nurses too, and have come to the conclusion that there's no need to keep acting so cautiously. I've been putting certain things off, believing that by waiting a few more weeks I'll ensure that the healing process is quicker and more successful. However she basically told me that as this may (will) take months, getting back to normal is most likely my best bet. I may prolong the healing, but what's a few weeks when it's going to take months anyway?

As such, I've started properly exercising this week, on top of my daily hour-long power walks and being ill. I'm taking it easy and not pushing myself too much for now, but even so, stairs today were a nightmare after my first workout in months and I'm hobbling a little after using muscles I'd forgotten I had. No pain, no gain...

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.giphy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig