Tuesday 14 February 2017

Transformation Tuesday: Week 138

This week - while eventful - has been no fun at all.



As the three month marks draws ever closer, I've been really struggling with the state of my open wound and its complete inability to heal. I thought I'd sorted my head out with it, but an intense worry about it has been simmering for a while. I'd managed to get it under control but this week I snapped, particularly following my hospital appointment on Thursday. I was there for around 10 minutes, during which time my surgeon cauterised my wound and confirmed I can exercise now, before merrily sending me on my way. Over the duration of the weekend the wound became much worse than it's been in months and rather painful, which led to a total meltdown on Sunday evening. I went back to the hospital yesterday morning in a panic and a lovely nurse calmed me down and sorted me out with another appointment this week. I'm feeling a little more optimistic now but I'm still not in a particularly good place.

To add insult to injury I'd managed to achieve my initial goal of hitting 10,000 steps a day before my final check up, but given the events of this week its dropped again as I ended up having most of the week exercise free. I didn't realise quite how much I needed my daily walks not just for helping my fitness but with my mental health too, until I couldn't do them! I've started again today and immediately felt loads better, so while I know I can't power walk quite so fast for the time being I'm happy to just walk now no matter how slow.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.giphy.com)

That's it for now. I'm trying to sort my head out and claw myself back to the position of positivity and inspiration I was in a few weeks ago. I know it'll all be alright in the end - it'll just take time (and another viewing of The Lego Batman Movie for good measure).

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig