Wednesday 15 August 2012

Julie & Julia


In honour of the 100th birthday of Julia Child, here’s a link to a trailer of the utterly wonderful Julie & Julia. If you haven’t seen this film, I’d highly recommend it. Written and directed by the late Goddess, Nora Ephron, it tells the (true) tale of Julia Child (Meryl Streep)’s story of her start in the cooking profession, intertwined with blogger Julie Powell (Amy Adams)’s 2002 challenge to cook all the recipes in Child’s first book. This film connects two of my passions - cooking and film - and mixes them with a heady dose of Parisian romanticism and a blind determination to succeed in the face of criticism and self-doubt. It inspired me to blog, makes me dream of learning to cook in Paris, and categorically taught me that you can never have too much butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig