Saturday 8 March 2014

#100happydays : DAYS 51-60

Here's another 10 days of the challenge!




As ever, if you'd like to join in then you can find out more information here, and see what's been making me smile for the past 60 days here.

26th February 2014
51/100 - Amazing afternoon at the LSE Literature Festival's 'War and Memory' talk. Speakers Richard Ormond and Rachel Wagstaff were so interesting: I've come away with so much coursework and dissertation inspiration!


27th February 2014
52/100 - The Book Thief is sublime: one of the best films about Nazi Germany that I've seen. Nothing hits you harder than seeing a war and senseless prejudice through the eyes of a child.


28th February 2014
53/100 - Arguably the greatest film ever made. No wonder it forms the basis for the majority of my dissertation!


1st March 2014
54/100 - Versailles at the Donmar Warehouse: very history heavy but nonetheless an excellent play. My review can be found here.


2nd March 2014
55/100 - I love how BAFTA didn't have to bring out the emergency matching umbrellas for once for this year's red carpet as the British weather miraculously behaved itself, but it's raining in L.A. for tonight's Academy Awards...


3rd March 2014
56/100 - Individually they triumphed - and deservedly so - but don't they look even better as a group?!


4th March 2014
57/100 - Today is just one of those inexplicably good days. I can't photograph why, so here's my Hello Kitty from the fabulous people at the Queen's Theatre: never fails to make me smile and think of them all!


5th March 2014
58/100 - I have the best friends! Helen has made my day with this perfectly timed postcard!


6th March 2014
59/100 - Explored LSE for the first time in 3 years this evening. Still don't understand the point of these giant red balls in the NAB though...


7th March 2014
60/100 - Ushers - a brand new musical depicting what it's like to work FOH. Hilarious, and well worth a watch!


I've had a very history-heavy and LSE focused 10 days: it's a good job they're making me happy at the moment or I have no idea how I'd survive!

60 days down, 40 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig